Monday, August 2, 2010

lightning and fire

it's august!
in one month, I will be heading back to Deadmonton. seeing Al, Heather, and all my roommates, and all those people I've been missing all summer. getting back into school and homework and this year, practicing music.
this last week I was at the cabin. I LOVED it. normally I dread brushing my teeth in lakewater and I don't swim a ton because if I do, my hair gets gross and I can't tie it up. this year was awesome though. there was a lightning storm on Wednesday! It was nuts! bolts just shooting across the entire sky! the storm clouds came from opposite the sunset, too, so we have awesome pictures of the mountains and the sunset and the storm clouds creeping up on it all. it's all firey and black and amazing...it was the coolest storm I've ever sat through. naturally, there was a fire started in the mountains a few kilometres away, which wasn't so great, but we got pictures of that on the way home too =P
now my holiday is over and it's back to work tomorrow. I'm actually excited to see all my work buddies.
looking forward to the next couple of months =)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The lightning storm sounds very exciting :) Summer feels like it is going very quickly, we defiantly need to hang out a few times before your gone...