But since I'm up anyway, I'll blog for a minute about life.
I've got three main problems going on here these days, one of them being a huge struggle with faith and knowing God (which I think is a paradox) and it's really taking over pretty much everything. But today is monumental in that I'm pretty sure I won't be up until all hours of the night wrestling with it. This may have something to do with the fact that 1) I actually did some of my theology reading tonight and 2) I had an interesting conversation with a friend (via text...go figure). I'm currently in the middle of Luther going into great detail about one issue and it's funny because Erik was telling me pretty well the same thing (in a more concise way...). It's just good to know that at least some people are on the same page as me.
In other news, we moved Al's bed to the living room when she was in Lacombe yesterday, and moved the couch and fish and end table into her room. Definitely the cosiest look for our living room. Heather and I are apparently super good at coming up with pranks.
I also received a letter the other day, which pretty much made my day. I forgot how exciting that is =P I will try to send more letters out to people in the next little while - I have definitely gotten out of the habit of writing.
Speaking of, I find writing is a really good way to pray. It helps keep me focused and the really good thing about writing is that even if you don't know how to say what you're trying to say, if you keep on writing you will eventually say it. I'm gonna need to get a new journal though.
And last, I'm meeting with Dr Stolte, the "professor of music" (which I am pretty sure just means he's the head of the department), on Wednesday morning to figure out some courses for next semester. I'm definitely considering changing to a music major if I come back next year.
So I guess that's life. As always, missing home. And yet I know that when I leave, I'll be texting friends all the time.
PS I think I'm going to start recommending songs...not every post, but whenever I feel like I've got a good song...which happens pretty often. Here's the first one:
*I have a different version on my itunes which is probably my favourite but this one is pretty good too
2 comments:
thank you my dear Allison, when you get back here to Surrey we shall watch movies and pig out in my room and dance around to amazing music while drinking hot chocolate and eating cookies.
I hope all is well
with great love
Abigail :)
=) sounds good! Have the girls told you about our Christmas plans?
Post a Comment