Sure, there were nights she stayed out late, went to her sister's, or was home for the weekend...but she's always been my roommate anyway. Her stuff was always here, lying on the floor and getting in my way, and her pictures always covered the wall. Now she's gone, for real.
Allison went home yesterday (was it only yesterday? It feels like days ago, just like this morning's exam and the chaos of moving Lauren out this afternoon). Heather, Alex, Emilee, Andrew, Reuben, and Sharnelle are going home tomorrow. Corin is leaving on Wednesday (but moving out of her room on Tuesday, so it really counts as Tuesday). Ethan's here till Thursday, but I don't know how much I'll see him. I'm almost completely packed. I feel like I'm done even though I have one more final and I just want to go HOME. I know I won't get any studying done for poli anyway so it's not as though everybody leaving is going to be helpful for my concentration. Thursday is going to be SO BORING. I should have scheduled my checkout for so much earlier so that I could at least get my stuff out of here and I could stay at Uncle Henk's, hang out with Kevin, watch movies, and eat real food.
I can't even believe how empty I feel already, and most of my friends aren't quite gone yet. Anticipation for a lonely few days I guess. And the realization that this year is really over. Already.
No comments:
Post a Comment