Wednesday, January 20, 2010
3:13 AM
I should go to bed earlier.
In my defense, I did watch AVATAR IN IMAX 3D TONIGHT.
Which was at West Ed.
At 10:30.
Almost 3 hour long movie, equals long night.
We got there 9:15ish, hung around for an hour, entered the theatre, watched the preshow (which advertised an "exclusive" clip for a movie that's coming out soon...I mean on January 8...), watched the movie, got out at like, 1:30 or something, drove back (ran out of gas literally as we stopped at a pump) and arrived back at 1:50-2ish? Makes sense. So where'd the last hour go? Oh well.
Decent memories/tidbits of information from this experience:
-Imax has a deal on Tuesdays. Movie, popcorn, drink for $16.45. It's like free food! You don't even have to click a button saying "I want a voucher for the concession". It's Heather and Allison proof!
-Avatar was directed by James Cameron. Guess what else he directed? Titanic. And The Abyss. Guess when he came up with Avatar? Before Titanic was released. Yeah. Amazing director, way ahead of his time.
-When the left turn light is red, you might as well go anyway
-If Anthony had been pulled over for running said red light, Heather might have had a drink. Nobody felt like holding their drinks so we all put them on the floor since we weren't moving in the line anyway. Took me about half an hour to do so and two minutes after I did, Anthony did a pirouette and kicked Heather's drink past all our group and into the people behind us. Her drink was right next to mine. It could have been me. I didn't leave it there for long.
-Getting to the theatre an hour early was perfect. See, we didn't get first choice of seats, but we definitely got the best ones.
-Don't drink the whole drink. You'll have to pee right in the middle of the movie or hold it for the next hour and a half.
-DON'T pass the Petro Canada to find a Shell. BAD IDEA.
I think we were the only 6 or 7 people in all of Edmonton that hadn't seen that movie. I see why everyone did, now. I LOVED it, but I don't know if I should get it on DVD when it comes out. Downgrading from IMAX 3D (SO worth it!) to the 52-inch in the lounge? Or the 48-inch in my living room in BC? Much less the TV in our room or my laptop.
HOLY CRAP. I just looked it up (by the way, does anybody know what's the biggest Imax in Canada??) and in my search I learned that the Imax in Vancouver (Canada Place) closed on this past October! WHAT?!?! How did I miss this?! Unless I knew and forgot...WHY?!
Bedtime. I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow. How do I let myself get so caught up in distractions like this?
Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment