Saturday, June 26, 2010

happy birthday?

it's retarded how shitty you feel when everybody seems to forget your birthday. When your friend's mom remembers before she does. When your sister has to be reminded by her friend. When it gets lost in the chaos of sickness and cancer and life. The dumb thing is how entitled we feel to some kind of special acknowledgement on a day that isn't really any different from any other. Today was my birthday, but I'm only a day older than I was yesterday, same as yesterday I was only a day older than the day before. It's not like today was special in any way. Yesterday, Abby took me out for lunch, and tomorrow is when my family will have a birthday party for me. I'll celebrate with Heather and Allison in the fall sometime, since I won't see them until then. So honestly, today wasn't a special day and didn't need to be. It just sucks when people you thought cared about you don't seem to give a shit.

No comments: