I baked today. Brownies, cookies, and jello. I had to run to Save On for a few ingredients and for Miranda to pick up a snack for the party she went to. In between all the baking, I also drove to Fraser Heights to drop her off, and I drove Kelsey to and from piano. And between around 4:30/5 and 11pm, I began a purge of the kitchen (with my dad), starting with the pantry and the fridge freezer. These are two items on a long list of cupboards and drawers in the kitchen that I have vowed to clean out and organize. Between this project, and the basement, and my own room, it's going to be a really busy next few weeks.
The thing is, this is work I feel good about. I get paid to ring people's vegetables in a till at a market, and I see a lot of people I know and I enjoy talking to a lot of the people I see, but it's not as though it's a fulfilling job. Cleaning the kitchen - purging the kitchen - cleaning my room, and cleaning up the basement so I can have people over on Sunday makes me feel a lot better about my day than a day at work does. I see the result and it will benefit me every day as I work with everything in the kitchen that I'm cleaning up. If only I could get paid for cleaning my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment