Tuesday, February 1, 2011

151

I just had my interview for student leadership. I got 4 hours of sleep (working on theo and English late last night, thank you busy weekend) and was a little spacey - I think I spent a lot of time looking at the table in front of me or the bookshelf, trying to gather my thoughts and speak clearly, not spasticly like I usually do. In talking to Tim before the interview, trying to sort out the distinctions between the positions (some of them have been amalgamated by others, which was not clear in the job descriptions), I wasn't thinking clearly and said something REALLY dumb. In the interview itself though, I think I handled myself pretty well. I answered as honestly and thoroughly as possible, and I think they were happy with me. It doesn't mean I'll get a job, because 1) they're pretty popular jobs, 2) there's other ways for me to be involved in the ways I described than just being employed by the school, and 3) I fear that dumb thing I said before the interview might come back to bite me in the butt. We'll see. But I feel pretty good about the interview at least.
And to complete my happiness, Canadian lit is cancelled today. Today was supposed to be the day that we wrote our in-class essays, a task that stressed the crap out of me because I've been so busy I haven't finished the reading yet, much less prepared a paper for it. The essay is optional but can definitely be valuable, so I am extremely appreciative of having an extra two days to prepare.
Time to go practice for aural skills now. Being saved from this essay has not banished the rest of my homework. Keyboard testing tomorrow, harmony assignment for Monday, choir practice, English paper, English reading, theology reading and assignments, theology paper, Canadian lit midterm...ah, school.

No comments: