Saturday, December 26, 2009

I am so sick of this shit. It's Christmas Day (well, technically not anymore but whatever) and I'm SUCH a grump and our Christmas dinner was lacking about 11 or 12 people (on the Breedveld side, that's almost half of us). So it doesn't feel like Christmas. Not yet anyway. And in the meantime I have to deal with family and friends who don't plan. Abby, Bekah, Emily, Fidelia, Lindsay - planning with them is so easy! Everybody gets involved, we figure out what we wanna do, and if it doesn't work out and we end up with awkward moments, who cares?! Others, on the other hand...honestly, if you actually give a shit about getting together, please act like it. At least TRY to help me plan something, rather than give halfhearted, vague responses every couple of weeks. Like HELLO I'm only here for like two weeks. I'm so sick of initiating everything. Even with Steph it's like, "Hey, let's hang out. How's the 23rd? Yeah that's good. Sweet let's do it!" and even though we didn't actually follow through with those plans, at least we communicated about it and didn't just pass by the date and completely ignore that we ever made plans. I honestly gave up on tons of other plans because I'm so sick of trying to get to people. I don't want to hang out with people if they don't want to put in the effort to hang out with me. I'd much rather spend time with Abby, Emily, and Fidelia again (hehe, so excited) than waste a day pretending I have something to do. AND then my extended family. Geez. I take partial responsibility for that one because I suppose I COULD have sent out an email/facebook message about it. Having been in Edmonton and studying for exams until 1 week ago, though, I don't feel that bad about it. I used to love Christmas parties with them. That was the best. Get a secret santa, write a poem for them, give them a gift. Then we dropped the poems, and now we've dropped secret santa altogether and we're down to buying generic gifts for a gift exchange. So lame. And now I'm so excited for my plans for next week but I'm so sad, because it's already been a week since I got home and I do NOT want to go back to Edmonton. I don't like it there, I don't have a good group of friends, I hate missing things here, and I miss everybody so much. And I only have a week and a half left! -Boxing Day, nothing in particular except, apparently, a work day at home (meaning total cleanup of the house) and going shopping briefly for the aforementioned gift exchange game. -Sunday, church and immediate family party. -Monday, date with Fil -Tuesday, extended family party -Wednesday, hang out with Michelle -Thursday-Friday, sleepover with the girls at my house -Friday-Saturday, sleepover with a friend or with my younger sisters at my sister's house -Saturday, no clue -Sunday, last day of church at home?? -Monday/Tuesday, last minute seeing friends/hanging out with Daynika -Wednesday, go back to hated Edmonton. It's so scary that I can lay out the rest of my holiday like that and know that I can count the days until I go back to Edmonton faster than I could count the days before I came home. What a depressing way to end Christmas Day.

No comments: