Sunday, November 22, 2009

20,000 Leagues

So I'm not exactly getting the most work done on my English paper...I'm wondering if I can use IMDB as a secondary source if I quote people's reviews. This movie is honestly killing me. It's THREE hours long, and I'm only at 2 hours 5 minutes. I'm worried that when I actually get to the writing of my paper, I'll write like the reviews I've been reading on IMDB. The only things they kept from the original novel are character names and the basic idea of a submarine with a captain who has cut himself off from reality. Arronax is an arrogant assistant professor, his manservant is replaced by a black man who he helped get onto the train to the Abraham Lincoln, Ned Land is an Australian villain whose entire role is overshadowed by the black helper, Nemo is a nutter, they've added women to the story...they had to be politically correct, of course. Yup, I'm dying. Oh look, Ned just escaped to some random island! That was easy. And Arronax lost his hand! It's like Star Wars! He even does the whole Darth Vader "let's choke everybody" thing, if only with his new metal hand instead of the Force. Ugh. This is supposed to take place in 1886... I hope i can finish this paper in...35 hours. Minus sleep, minus an hour of philosophy tomorrow morning, minus 2 hours of theo (blah). And eating. And being at Kevin's this afternoon. Yikes.

No comments: