Monday, March 8, 2010
too many plans
Next year is just a mess right now. I have too many things that I want to do! It's funny, because in grade 12 I was like, "I have no goals. I guess I'll go to King's cause it looks like my only option right now." When I dropped chem, I checked my courses against the King's admission requirements to make sure I could get in, and of course I did. But now I'm thinking of so many other things I want to do:
-Karen has made me want to travel. So badly.
-I want to do missions! This includes Honduras trips through either King's or the church or a DTS to Guatemala or South Africa.
-SFU? UFV?
-Kings???
-part time school? work? AHHHH!
Karen's travelling makes me want to go places! I want to backpack Europe, go to Africa, go to Asia, go to New Zealand. And the thing is, doing it all may be a little unrealistic at this point, but doing any of it is totally within reach in the next few years.
King's is looking extremely unlikely at this point, as much as I love it here, which means the Honduras water project is out. However, I could still go through the church if I am home (so, working or at SFU or UFV). And if not that, Ethan has gotten me excited to go to Guatemala on a DTS like he did last year. He told me about it. First semester, you start in Winnepeg and travel west across Canada. You do urban whatchamacallums where you basically live on the streets for a while (not overnight though). You do theology classes and stuff. Second semester you go to Guatemala, so you do six weeks of Spanish learning and you go to Guatemala and go to the mountains where they don't even speak Spanish, they speak the native language that's named something I can't remember and it seriously sounds so intense and so amazing.
If not DTS, I'm looking at SFU or UFV, probably. If I go to either I need to look into filling a missing grade 12 course (courses like band and Bible 12 don't count at either school, although both counted towards my grade twelve courses for King's), and if I can do that in the summer I need to see if I can still apply at these schools when I can't complete the course yet. Even then, I need to decide what to do there (such as ed program, English program, general studies, part time, etc) so it's like every decision sparks a hundred more decisions and factors to work through, and I feel pretty overwhelmed by it all.
I guess I need to pray.
On a lighter note, I'm 1/4 for roll up the rim. I won a donut!! Which, when Alida's journal makes its rounds to me, I'm going to paste in there, along with pictures of King's friends and some notes about what I loved best about this year. When I leave, I am going to miss this place so much. That's a good sign of a good year, good friends, and a good school. So, when I cry at the end of the year, I am going to take it as a good thing. And come visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment