Friday, November 20, 2009
music to my ears
Lately, I can't get music out of my head. I can't even be in my room without some music playing. If Lauren goes to bed before me and I'm on my computer, I plug in my headphones. Working on a paper? Quiet background stuff. Talking to friends on msn and playing bubble games? crank the fun, upbeat stuff. If there's no music on, I sing. Michael Buble, Owl City, Carrie Underwood, David Archuleta, GOO GOO DOLLS, Sugarland, FM Static, Colbie Caillat, Rascal Flatts, Paramore, Taylor Swift, Stabilo. When I get up in the morning it's one of the first things I do. Sit up, get dressed, then open my computer and find some good music, plug in the speakers, and THEN I can make breakfast, brush my teeth, do my hair.
Music is my life =P (I love Love Actually too)
I have my favourites, of course...The Bird and the Worm, Fireflies, most of Play On, Slide, Better Days, Everything, Summer Girl...but I'm always looking for new stuff =) After all, it's the new stuff that always turns into my favourites and those old favourites become the songs that come up on your shuffle and you go, "Wow, this song! I haven't heard it in so long!" Those songs that remind you of other years, that make you reminisce.
That's the great thing about music. You can ignore a song for years and then come back to it and it sounds exactly the same...but it tends to have a different meaning. When you were first obsessed with it, it was just a fun song. Now you listen to it and you might remember the first place you heard it, or that you always listened to it when you were feeling shitty, or that's what we listened to at the Ultimate tournament...
So after leaving this open all day on my computer, I have one more thing to add:
A Walk to Remember was harder to watch this time than the last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very true! That happened to me with the song "It ends tonight" by... I forget who right now.
P.S. Imogen Heap- Hide and Seek, Melody Gardot-All That I Need is Love, Switchfoot-Hello Hurricane(NEW ALBUM!), Phil Wickham- Heaven and Earth(NEW ALBUM!... but mostly "Safe", "Cielo", and "Eden")
... those are all AMAZING.
... I've been especially infatuated with Imogen Heap these past couple days.
Yeah I listened to Hide and Seek all the time at the beginning of the year. Hey, when I come home, could I possible get Phil Wickham from you? =P
I haven't heard any of those songs though =(
I listened to When Somebody Loved Me from Toy Story like five times in a row last night. Were you at the choir solos when Tynaia sang that song? It made me cry.
Post a Comment